Plantation shutters are an attractive window treatment for any home or office. Whether you are looking to upgrade your current window treatment or want to redecorate, they are the best choice. Although there are alternatives such as mini-blinds or drapes, shutters have a clean look and appeal to a wide range of home and business owners. Consider these five reasons to install shutters and make a change to a more appealing space and save money in the long run.
1. Aesthetically pleasing- Plantation shutters are easy on the eye. Visible from the inside as well as the outside, they provide a clean, cohesive look throughout your home or office. Shutters come in a wide variety of sizes and finishes, as well as mounting options, so that you can customize the shutters to match your space. Whether you opt for white shutters for a more traditional look or keep the natural stain of the wood, shutters will make your space more pleasing from the inside as well as outside.
2. Ventilation- Shutters allow you several options for ventilation, as they allow fresh air inside, while still maintaining privacy. Interior shutters can be adjusted to allow light or air to flow in without exposing the interior of your home; you can even angle them in a way that allows you to see out, but others won’t be able to see in. You can even completely open windows and allow air to follow in and cool your room. Plantation blinds work better with open windows rather than mini-blinds, as they don’t rattle. Mini-blinds and shades can slap or bang in the wind, but plantation shutters do not.
3. Durable- Interior shutters are durable and built to last. Unlike with mini-blinds, plantation shutters seldom need to be replaced. Plus, they never go out of style! If you want to change your plantation shutters, consider painting or staining the wood rather than buying new ones.
4. Money savers- Interior shutters will save you money over time. In the summer, plantation shutters can save you money by deflecting the sun, while in winter they can save you money by acting as an extra layer of insulation on your windows. Shutters can also save you money by preserving the life of your furniture by deflecting light away from fabrics that can fade. By keeping furniture shaded, it will last longer.
5. Easy to Clean- Shutters are easy to clean when compared to other window treatments. You don’t need to remove them to clean, send them to a special dry cleaning service as you would drapery, or tediously clean one slat at a time like mini-blinds. Make cleaning your home a little bit easier with shutters.